Delivering Good Governance in Practice
High performing institutions have always attributed their success to Good Governance, a skill that participants will learn in signing up for this programme. This course is designed to build the capacity of participating decision makers to know and implement good governance practice to improve performance of their organizations. It will teach you implementation of controls, establishing reporting lines, and setting up committees etc. This highly interactive programme is ideal for leaders who are actively looking forward to improving the performance of their institutions through good corporate governance.
- Corporate governance framework, nature, principles and practice.
- Board effectiveness, independence and reporting lines of sub committees.
- Effect of organizational culture and behaviors on performance.
- Assessing the effectiveness of organizational compliance on performance.
- Risk management and auditing/assurance services.
On completion, you’ll be able to:
- Understand and integrate good corporate governance.
- Analyze and identify good corporate governance requirements within an organization.
- Appreciate the need of risk governance and its impact on performance.
- Spearhead the implementation of an effective board with appropriate oversight responsibilities.